Frequently asked questions
Updating your personal details
Complaint resolution process
1. What is My
My Zurich is a secure online service offered to Zurich investments, superannuation and life insurance clients to enable the account holder to view account balances, transaction history, account details, correspondence and statements.
2. How do I access My Zurich?
Once you have registered (see 'How do I register' for more information) and your account has been activated, you can access My Zurich by clicking on the My Zurich login button on the homepage of www.zurich.com.au.
3. Who can use My Zurich?
Clients of Zurich Financial Services Australia (Zurich) who have one of the following products and who are authorised to view these policy/account types can register to use My Zurich:
* superannuation plans
* retirement income plans
* savings investments plans
* life insurance policies
* managed investment funds.
* Phone: 131 551 from Monday to Thursday from
8:30am to 7:00pm and Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm (AEST)
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Online form: On the My Zurich contact us page, enter your enquiry into the email box under the 'Contact us' tab within My Zurich. All enquiries will be handled by one of our client service representatives.
5. How do I contact Zurich for general information about products and services
unrelated to My Zurich?
Visit our 'Contact us' page on our general website, www.zurich.com.au to find the best contact for your query.
* Go to www.zurich.com.au.
* In the login box, select the My Zurich option and click the register link to launch My Zurich.
During the registration process, you will be asked to provide a range of information including your name, date of birth and policy/account number and two security questions and answers. Your email address will be used as your login.
2. What is the format for my policy/account number?
The policy/account number must be 8 alphanumeric characters. As some policies only have 6 characters, please ensure you add "00" as a prefix before entering your policy/account number. e.g. 00123456.
For non-individual registration (i.e. corporate registration) - registration may take longer depending on the timing and delivery of the My Zurich authorisation form, which needs to be returned to Zurich for verification purposes.
7. How do I change my login and/or password?
Your login is always the email address you last nominated to us. To change your email address, and therefore your login, you need to log in to My Zurich and select the 'My Details' tab, then click on the 'Security details' page. Once you have entered your password, you can change your email/login and/or password.
* must be a minimum of eight and a maximum of 40
characters long and can contain letters, numbers, dots, dashes and underscores.
It must contain at least two letters and at least two numbers
* cannot be the same as your email/login, nor can it contain the word 'password' or variations of this word. Also, words representing the days of the week or months of the year cannot be used
* should not be your telephone number or postal address, as this information can be easily obtained by another person
* when changing your password, you cannot re-use any of your previous 15 passwords.
* you must select two
different security questions from the list provided
* your answers must be a minimum of one and a maximum of 40 characters long. They can contain letters, numbers, dots, dashes, underscores and single quotations.
9. How should I choose a password?
A good password is one that you will remember easily but no one else would guess or easily find out. It is important that you keep your password confidential. If another person has access to your password, they may be able to change your account and personal details. When your details (email/login and password) have been entered into our secure site, we will assume it is you who has accessed your account. To the extent that the law permits, Zurich will not accept liability where someone else has accessed your account using your login details. To maintain the security of your account we advise that you never write down your password. We recommend you change your password regularly.
10. Why do I have to provide two 'security questions and answers'?
Before we can disclose any personal information to you over the phone, or allow you to reset your password, we need to confirm your identity. That is why we will ask you to answer one or both questions to verify who you are.
11. Are my 'security questions and answers' kept secure?
The answers to your security questions will be maintained securely within our system and cannot be viewed by any Zurich employees. The answers to your questions are stored in a secure, encrypted format (like your password). If you feel that your questions and answers have been compromised, you should change them immediately.
* has only one answer (for you) - which won't
change over time
* has an answer that others would find difficult to find out or guess
* has a simple, one-word answer you don't have to write down to remember
* has more than two characters.
The My Zurich website connection is protected by:
* SSL 3.0, RC4 with 128 bit encryption (High)
* RSA with 1024 bit exchange.
This encryption protocol allows My Zurich and its users to communicate across the internet in a way designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery. We also have application level security control inside the system to provide user security and integrity.
Communications between your web browser and My Zurich are encrypted using an "Extended Validation" certificate from Verisign. If you are using Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3 or later web browsers, you will see the green address bar indicating this increased security certificate is in use.
Visit the FAQs page of Extended Validation SSL for more information.
'My Details' is made up of three different areas. You can update these areas at any time:
1. 'Contact Details'
2. 'Security Details' (email/login, password and security questions)
3. 'Communication Preference'.
* when logged into My Zurich, select the 'My
Details' tab, then select the 'Contact Details' tab on the left
* enter the details in the box(es) you wish to change
* select 'Save'
* after you have selected 'Save', your new contact details will be submitted and the change will be effective in My Zurich within five business days.
* select the 'My Details' tab, then select the
'Security Details' tab onthe left
* enter your current password
* select the security details you wish to update
* enter the details in the box(es) you wish to change
* select 'Update'
* your changes will be effective immediately.
3. How do I
change my communication preferences?
'Communication Preference' allows you to select the method by which you receive certain correspondence from Zurich (e.g. marketing material, annual statements and annual fund reports). To update your communication preferences, simply follow the instructions below:
* select the 'My Details' tab, then select the 'CommunicationPreferences' tab on the left
* select your preference for investment and superannuation statements,marketing material and annual reports
* select 'Save'
* your changes will be effective immediately.
4. What if I
forget my password?
If you forget your login or password, simply click on the 'Forgotten Password?' link on the My Zurich homepage. This will take you through a series of steps to allow you to reset your password.
For security reasons, you are only permitted five attempts to provide the correct password. After a fifth unsuccessful attempt, your access to My Zurich will be locked. You will then have to contact the Client Service Centre on 131 551 to obtain access.
5. My name
has changed; how do I update my details?
Zurich needs to receive written instructions along with supporting documents relating to your name change before we can update your details. Please provide the following:
* written instructions containing your old and new
* a certified copy of your passport/drivers licence and marriage certificate/change of name certificate.
1. How do I switch my investment funds?
If you have a Zurich superannuation plan or Zurich managed investment and wish to switch your investments to a new choice of investment options/funds then from the Account Summary screen select the ‘Switch investment funds’ button. The screen will show your existing options/funds and allow you to select the option/funds you wish to have your balance invested in. You can either specify the percentage of your balance you wish to invest in each option/fund, or the specific amount though the percentage cannot be greater than 100% and the amount can only be less than or equal to the value held in each option.
2. How do I change my regular income payments?
If you have a Retirement Income product, then you can vary the amount that is paid to you, by selecting the Pension Payments screen and then selecting the ‘Change payment details’ button. Note – any new amount stated must remain within the product minimum and maximum amounts. Choose the amount and frequency of payment and the date that the change will occur. If your revised pension payment falls outside of the minimum / maximum requirements a message will appear to inform you.
3. How do I update my direct debit details?
If you make a regular contribution to your Zurich superannuation or investment policy by direct debit, then it is possible to change the details to another bank and/or account by selecting the Regular Contribution screen and then selecting the ‘Update Direct Debit’ button. Ensure you specify the correct bank BSB and account numbers to ensure the payments are deducted from the correct account. If your account is not a Zurich Superannuation product, then please contact the Zurich Client Service Centre on 131 551 and request a Direct Debit form be sent to you in the mail.
1. How do I
lodge a complaint?
Zurich is committed to providing you with a high level of service, and we have arrangements in place for handling enquiries or complaints. If you have an enquiry or complaint or you require any further information about your investment, please contact us on 131 551. We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 21 days and to resolve the complaint within 45 days (or up to 90 days if you agree).
We are also a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), an independent body designed to help you resolve complaints relating to your investment, as well as complaints relating to financial or investment advice and sales of financial or investment products. If you are not satisfied with the response from us, or we fail to resolve the complaint within 45 days (or any extended period you agree), you can raise the matter with FOS at GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001. Telephone: 1300 780 808.
The Fund has an established procedure for dealing with member enquiries and complaints. Should you have a complaint regarding Zurich superannuation plans offered by the Trustee, you should contact Zurich's Client Service Manager on 131 551. The Client Service Manager has been authorised by the Trustee to receive all enquiries and complaints. If your complaint has been received through Zurich's internal complaints procedures and the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, you have access to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal (SCT) at Locked Bag 3060, GPO Melbourne VIC 3001 or the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) at GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001. The telephone number for SCT and FOS is 1300 780 808.
The SCT is an independent body established by the Commonwealth Government to assist you if you are dissatisfied with a decision made by the Trustee. The objective of the SCT is to provide a fair, timely and economical means of resolution of complaints as an alternative to the court system. The SCT is able to substitute its own decision in place of that made by the Trustee. Such a substituted decision is binding on the Trustee. The SCT cannot consider complaints that have not been first referred to the Trustee's complaints resolution process.
If you feel that we can improve our services and dealings with our customers then your feedback is welcomed. Only with such feedback can we continue meeting the needs and expectations of users and clients.
As such comments are very important to us we will endeavour to respond to your feedback within 24 hours of receipt. However, due to the complexity of some enquiries, our reply may take longer. We will notify you if this is the case.
* type your password incorrectly on five
* make five unsuccessful attempts to answer one or both of your security questions.
In both instances you will see a message on the screen that informs you that your access has been denied, and you will be asked to contact our Client Service Centre on 131 551.
The next step is for us to verify your identity. We may be able to do this over the phone by asking you to answer one of your security questions as well as a further series of questions.
Once your identity has been verified, we will arrange to have your access unlocked.
Our system is supported on:
- web browsers Internet Explorer 6 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3 and above
- operating systems Windows 2000, XP and Vista, MacOS X,
and is known to work on many other platforms.
3. How can I
protect my email/login and passwords?
If you have Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater, you have an option to remember information previously entered (called 'AutoComplete'). This means information you have provided may be remembered by your browser next time someone logs on to your machine. We recommend that this function be turned off to reduce the risk of fraudulent access to your information. If you experience difficulty in doing this you should consult the vendor of the browser software you are using.
Using My Zurich
4. What is
an 'Account balance'?
The 'Account balance' is the most recently available value of your investment or superannuation account or life insurance policy. Should you decide to withdraw your funds from your account, the amount at withdrawal may differ to that provided on My Zurich as certain products have exit fees or deferred entry fees that may be applied.
Fund balances will update each night with the latest available price. The price's effective date will vary between different funds. Unit prices used in calculating the account balance may also differ from the unit prices displayed elsewhere on MyZurich and www.zurich.com.au. (e.g. on the Unit Prices screen) because of the timing differences in updating separate systems.
Unit pricing may also be delayed while we calculate income distributions. Many of our funds distribute income at the end of each quarter. In extraordinary circumstances, Zurich may suspend, defer or delay unit pricing, unit allocation and redemption payments where we are permitted to do so by law or where the action is required or approved by a regulatory authority such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) or the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
6. What is the difference between my account balance and the withdrawal
For various products, there may be a difference between the investment balance and the withdrawal balance due to exit fees and taxes that may be applied on withdrawal of funds.
- superannuation plans
- retirement income plans
- savings investments plans
- life insurance policies
- managed funds.
Zurich General Insurance products are not currently available on My Zurich.
8. How do I
view my portfolio?
When you login to My Zurich you will be taken to the 'My Account' page, which lists all of your accessible policies/accounts held with Zurich. Select the policy/account number to access more detailed information about that account (e.g. transaction history, insurance benefits, investment funds).
9. How do I
view my transaction history?
Select the account number from the 'My Account' page for the policy/account number you wish to view the transaction history of. Then select the 'Transaction history' tab from the left-hand side of the page.
* Communication preference - Depending on the products you hold with Zurich you may be able to elect to receive some of your communications online, with notification sent to your email address. These communication types include:
- Statements - These are the statements we send you which outline the opening and closing balances of your account for a given period. They include any transactions and any fees which may have been charged during the period.
- Transaction confirmations - The confirmations which acknowledge and confirm any transactions made on your account.
- Superannuation annual fund report - Information about significant changes affecting your Superannuation investments for the relevant financial year as well as the latest performance information as at 30 June.
- Annual financial report (Managed Investments) - These audited reports provide detailed information on the financial status of the funds including cash flows, balance sheets and fees charged for the year.
can I find my tax-deductible life insurance premium amount?
Generally the premiums* you pay for income protection insurance can be claimedas a tax deduction by both employees and self-employed people. Every year inJuly, we will tell you the amount of premium you have paid during that the previous financial year by letter. Copies of these letters are available in the 'Correspondence' section of My Zurich. You can either view our letter to you or calculate the premium paid using the annual notices that we send you each policy anniversary, which can be found in the same location.
* Premiums for the following options are not tax deductible: Lump Sum Accident, Spouse Cover, Family Care & Needlestick Cover.